Monday, October 27, 2008

Jean Charest: The New Wilfrid Laurier?

I was just catching up on my Canadian news when I came across the following photo of Jean Charest:

"Wait a second," I thought to myself. "He looks like somebody familiar."

I thought for a moment and realized that he looks exactly like Sir Wilfrid Laurier on the old five dollar bill! It took a little searching but I managed to find an image of the old five dollar bill. Here it is:

Am I on to something, or what? While doing a little research on Sir Wilfrid Laurier, I came across the following portrait which really drives the similarity home:

Same bushy hair, same chin.... Could they be related?

1 comment:

Patrick Ross said...

Heh. I never noticed that before.

If Charest calls this election and the Parti Quebecois manages to win, I wonder if they'll put his face on a future Quebec five dollar bill?

Evidently, I hope not.