Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Kraft Dinner"--A Tasty Test Alternative

Over the weekend, one of my buddies from law school reminded me that the "Touque Test" isn't the only way to experience a fun cultural distinction between Canadians and Americans. He was quick to point out that you can do the same thing with "Kraft Dinner"--Americans will stare at you with a puzzled look if you say it. If you're lucky, you'll get a polite, "Do you mean Kraft Macaroni & Cheese?" If you're not quite so fortunate, you'll be met with, "What the hell are you talking about? Is that some sort of stupid Canadian term for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese?"

The folks at Wikipedia have a fairly interesting history of my favorite orange-tinged pasta dish that you can check out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_Dinner. It turns out that the original name was "Kraft Dinner." How about that!

Here's a photo of the American version of the product, straight from my pantry:

You'll have to excuse that "Whole Grain" nonsense. That's my wife's doing. My son and I eat Kraft Dinner/Macaroni & Cheese by the pallet and she thinks this stuff is "healthier" for us. Whatever. Just bring it on--and lots of it!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: