Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I Love The Smell Of Herbicide In The Morning"

This morning, while my wife and son were at church, I tended to some yard work. First on my "to do" list was spraying the grass and weeds that had sprouted up between the cracks in our driveway. As I squirted the herbicide on, I detected a faint, slightly pungent odor. That got me thinking about Ontario's recent ban on pesticides and herbicides. I have to admit, when I read about that, I just rolled my eyes and laughed at the left-wing lunacy of it all.

This was the first time that I had ever used herbicide and I was more than a little sceptical of the claim that I'd see results in less than three hours. Well, we just got back from lunch and guess what? The weeds are already starting to shrivel and die! I don't know what sort of eco-green freak remedies Ontarians are supposed to use now. All I know is, "I love the smell of herbicide in the morning. It smells like...victory."

(p.s. For those of you wondering where the "punchline" is in this post, check out the clip from Apocalypse Now posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXVGQnJm0w&feature=related)

No comments: