Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sarah Palin: Practically From B.C. (Part II)

I just LOVE the SNL skit that constituted my last post. I first heard about it on Sunday morning and have watched it at least twenty-five times since. I've always been a huge fan of Tina Fey but her performance as Sarah Palin was outstanding, even by Tina Fey standards. Way, way too funny!

My favorite line is Tina Fey/Sarah Palin's comment that: "And I can see Russia from my house!" Out of curiosity, I searched for a map of Alaska to see exactly where Wasilla is. Here's the map:




Wasilla is just north of Anchorage and they're both a long way from Russia. What struck me, though, is how close Juneau is to B.C. Growing up, I always thought that Juneau was in the main part of Alaska, not the panhandle. The country that Sarah Palin can see from her Governor's residence isn't Russia, it's Canada!

No comments: