Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm No Cheesehead!

Well, I'm posting in blue again. The New York Giants are going to need all of the luck that they can get if they're going to send Green Bay packing on Sunday. Let's Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!

I've never been to Green Bay. In fact, I've never been to Wisconsin. Strangely, though, when I first moved to New York, everybody thought that's where I was from. It was all due to my accent, of course. I took mild offense to all of this--I thought that I had a generic "North American newscaster" accent. Now, a decade later, I know exactly what manners of speech marked me as an obvious outsider. That's fodder for a series of posts after the Superbowl, though. I'm still a little puzzled as to why New Yorkers thought that I was from Wisconsin rather than some other state in the Midwest like Illinois or Indiana. In any event, it doesn't matter. The fact is, I'M NO CHEESEHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's Go Giants!

Remember that, when the Giants were set to play the Cowboys, I confessed that I actually liked Terrell Owens and Tony Romo? Well, not any more! Did you see Terrell "tearing up" after the game? What a doily. Same thing for Tony Romo. Take your loss like a man, you chick. Here are a couple of photos that should live on in infamy:

I didn't add the captions--they came with the photos posted on the New York Giants' website. I can't imagine that Brett Favre will be such a cry baby, sissy-man if the Giants get a few breaks and take the Packers down.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!

No comments: